DeWitt Martial Arts Dojang Rules:
1. Upon entering or leaving the dojang, all students must
first bow to the United States flag, then to the Chief
Master DeWitt, each Master Instructor present and to
each Black Belt ranked student. If Black Belt ranked
students are standing together, one bow is all that is
2. Do not enter or leave class late without permission.
When entering late, ask the instructor, "permission to
enter class late?" If you need to leave class early,
inform the instructor prior to class.
3. Loud conversation, yelling, loud laughter, chewing of
gum, candy, wearing of watches or jewelry have no
place in the dojang.
4. Students must wear clean doboks, black t-shirt with
trim finger and toe nails. A clean body is a must and
students should not enter the dojang with dirty feet
5. Do not engage in activities which might degrade the
code of ethics of Tae Kwon Do or Hap Ki Do. Each
student is a representative of DeWitt Martial Arts and
your activities and behaviors reflect on us.
6. Always assume the position of attention whenever
speaking to a Black Belt Dahn ranked students.
Always be considerate and polite and answer with
"yes sir," "yes ma'am," "no ma'am," "no sir!"
7. During class, whenver a directive or comment is
made from a Black Belt Dahn ranked student to
any and all students, students must answer up
loudly in order that the Dahn ranked student knows
each student understands what was said.
8. All color belt ranked students, regardless of age,
must be respectful, courteous and speak to any
Junior Black Belt Dahn ranked student. Students
are not to refer to any Black Belt Dahn ranked
student at DMA by their first name.
9. Students are to keep the dojang clean and keep the
lounge area clean of papers, wrappers, etc.., and
are to push chairs in after use. DMA students must,
upon entering the dojang, remove their hats, stocking
caps, etc.. No DMA student should be wearing any
head covering upon entering the dojang. This is an
exceedingly disrespectful gesture and will not be
10. Students are to treat any substitute teacher/
instructor as they would their Master Instructor.
11. Be consistently respectful of your parents, grand-
parents, siblings and others, regardless of age.
12. Respect your elders. Hold doors open, no matter
where you are, for others. Be humble and polite
and always assist your Mother with carrying items
for her, regardless of how small they may be.
13. Students of school age must consistently obtain
school grades which are above average. Education
is a top priority and students should do their very
best to be on the honor roll. Students testing for
higher rank, especially Dahn rank, must maintain
above average grades and be on the honor roll at
their particular school.
14. Alcohol or drug use have no place at or in the dojang.
Any student who attend a martial arts event/class
and has used alcohol or drugs, will be immediately
terminated from DMA without recourse!